Pucker Up! Here Are 10 Romantic, Icky, and All-Around Lovable Timeless Artworks Titled ‘The Kiss’
From Auguste Rodin to Tino Sehgal, a look back at artists who've commemorated the kiss.
In art history, The Kiss has been a common theme—and title—among artists ranging from Auguste Rodin to Tracey Emin. This Valentine’s Day, we look back at 10 of our favorite works that interpret this romantic union.
1. Edvard Munch, The Kiss (1897)
2. Tino Sehgal, The Kiss (2010)
3. Andy Warhol, The Kiss (Bela Lugosi) (1963)
4. Tracey Emin, The Kiss (2011)
5. Peter Behrens, The Kiss (1898)
6. Auguste Rodin, The Kiss (1901–04)
7. Jean Cocteau, The Kiss (1957)
8. Gustav Klimt, The Kiss (Lovers) (1907–08)
9. Constantin Brancusi, The Kiss (1907–08)
10. Marlene Dumas, The Kiss (2003)
Follow Artnet News on Facebook:
Want to stay ahead of the art world? Subscribe to our newsletter to get the breaking news, eye-opening interviews, and incisive critical takes that drive the conversation forward.