6 of the Most Shocking Comments This Museum Director Allegedly Made to Staffers
"I like to work in a sexually explicit and open environment."
artnet News has obtained a report on the results of a sexual harassment investigation conducted by the City of North Miami into former Museum of Contemporary Art North Miami director Babacar M’Bow, who was fired from the institution on December 31.
The report features several shocking comments allegedly made by M’Bow to and about museum personnel. M’Bow has also been accused by the city of exhibiting a lack of appropriate supervision over employees.
What are the most shocking things M’Bow is supposed to have said to his staff? Here are some of the most offensive:
1. “Where’s Adrienne [Von M. Lates, education curator]? She’s out here looking for Haitian dick!”
2. “I like to work in a sexually explicit and open environment. Everyone on the staff needs to get laid. Tiffany [Madera, outreach and programs manager] is the only happy person on the staff. I can tell she gets fucked.” [To Tiffany] “How many times a week do you fuck your boyfriend?”
3. “Adrienne is wearing lipstick. She must have gotten laid last night.”
4. [To assistant director Alan Waufle, about a woman he had just met with] “She wants my swinging dick.”
5. [To Waufle, referring to a female vendor] “Get dressed up and take her out on the town and show her a good time.”
6. “Oh, Tiffany is provoking everybody with her tight pants.”
Bonus: [Referred to his genitals as] “a large twelve inch penis,” comparing them with those of another man, who he claims has “only one inch.”
M’Bow has not responded to a request for comment. In interviews with city personnel, M’Bow has denied all allegations.
Follow artnet News on Facebook:
Want to stay ahead of the art world? Subscribe to our newsletter to get the breaking news, eye-opening interviews, and incisive critical takes that drive the conversation forward.