Who Said This—Kanye West or Pablo Picasso?
Both are known for being egomaniacs.
Speculation has been circulating about Kanye West’s newest album, “The Life of Pablo,” and whether or not it takes its name after the Cubist master himself, Pablo Picasso.
All things considered, distinctions between Kanye West and Pablo Picasso are evident to even the most casual observer. But an oversize ego happens to be a key feature these two figures share. In fact, in some cases, the untrained eye may not be able to identify which artist was behind a statement.
To put your knowledge to the test, we’ve compiled a list of quotes to challenge your powers of discernment, all with one question in mind: Who said it? See the answers below.
1. “I’m pretty calculating…I take stuff that I know appeals to people’s bad sides and match it up with stuff that appeals to their good sides.”
2. “I’ll say things that are serious and put them in a joke form so people can enjoy them. We laugh to keep from crying.”
3. “The one who finds something no matter what it might be, even if his intention were not to search for it, at least arouses our curiosity, if not our admiration.”
4. “Sexuality and art are the same thing.”
5. “In Paris, you’re as far as possible from the land of pleasant smiles.”
6. “Everything I’m not makes me everything I am.”
7. “I’d like to live as a poor man with lots of money.”
8. “Give me a museum and I’ll fill it.”
9. “I do not seek, I find.”
10. “Action is the foundational key to all success.”
11. “I’m not really specifically talented at anything except for the ability to learn.”
12. “My number one enemy has been my ego.”
Follow artnet News on Facebook:
Want to stay ahead of the art world? Subscribe to our newsletter to get the breaking news, eye-opening interviews, and incisive critical takes that drive the conversation forward.