Auction House Q & A with Galleria Poleschi Casa D’Aste
Poleschi Casa d’Aste is a leading auction house for modern and contemporary in Milan.
Auction House Name: Galleria Poleschi Casa D’Aste
Address: 68 Foro Buonaparte, Milan, Italy 20121
- Amanda Lampard: What does your auction house specialize in?
Francesca Colombo: Modern and Contemporary Art: paintings and sculptures.
- AL: Where do you see your auction house going in the next few years?
FC: We believe in constant growth. An extension of our customers are attracted by our continuous research to improve the quality of the works proposed at a price more favorable, ensuring a good investment.
- AL: When is your next important sale? Why should we come?
FC: Our next auction is on February 26, when we will present 188 works, including those by major international artists such as Wifredo Lam, Eduardo Chillida, and Hans Hartung, with sensational prices.
- AL: How do you select most of your consignments? Are you reaching out to clients? Or are they coming to you?
FC: We organize shipments of works purchased around the world and provide maximum safety and allowance of the lots. We have an efficient shipping department that organizes every detail, so that the customer can buy from home and receive goods purchased without any problem.
- AL: Has the Internet dramatically changed the dynamic of your business?
FC: The Internet is a medium totally effective for us because it allows us to spread our catalog anywhere, so we have the opportunity to reach new customers throughout the world.
- AL: What do you use artnet for? How frequently do you use it?
FC: We use artnet to sponsor our auctions, giving high visibility to our work.
Follow Artnet News on Facebook:
Want to stay ahead of the art world? Subscribe to our newsletter to get the breaking news, eye-opening interviews, and incisive critical takes that drive the conversation forward.