Best and Worst of the Art World This Week in Three Minutes
Dasha Zhukova's up, Steve Cohen's down (minus a pig) this week.
1. Paola Pivi‘s horses were a perfect dreamy match for Paris’s Iron Lady.
2. James Bond Villain Christopher Lee’s golden gun is heading to auction.
3. Dasha Zhukova unveiled the Garage Museum’s new permanent home and the art world followed.
4. Hunter S. Thompson‘s Aspen home, Owl Farm, is being turned into a museum.
5. Leonardo DiCaprio makes a massive gift to LACMA of a John Gerrard installation.
1. Referencing the Queen’s nether regions, at least for Anish Kapoor, is a no no.
3. Cooper Union lost five trustees, including Daniel Libeskind, and its president Jamshed Bharucha.
4. You can be a journalist or you can be an art dealer, but take it from Evan Solomon, you can’t be both.
5. There’s no end in sight for Gagosian‘s empire, which just added its third location in London.
Follow Artnet News on Facebook:
Want to stay ahead of the art world? Subscribe to our newsletter to get the breaking news, eye-opening interviews, and incisive critical takes that drive the conversation forward.