How Well Do You Know Art Fairs? Take Our Quiz!
Test your art fair IQ!
As hundreds of art dealers descend on New York City for Armory Arts Week, with the ADAA Art Show, Independent, Volta and numerous other fairs taking place at the same time as the Armory Show, you probably feel like you know all there is to know about these Artapaloozas. But do you?
What do dealers pay for booths? How much do they go out of pocket erecting walls and making sure the lighting is right? And how many darn art fairs are there nowadays?
The following questions will test your knowledge of art fairs. Let us know how you did!
1. How many art fairs were there, roughly, in the world in 2005?
2. How many fairs are there, roughly, around the world today?
3. What’s the price for the smallest booths at the Armory Show?
4. How much will the largest booth at Armory run you this year?
5. What did dealers pay for the biggest booths at Art Basel in Miami Beach in 2014?
6. What percentage of their annual revenue do dealers surveyed by TEFAF say they make at art fairs, according to the organization’s 2014 report?
7. At a recent panel at the Sotheby’s Institute, dealer Dorsey Waxter said fair participation cost her roughly what percentage of the amount she pays on rent for her two Manhattan galleries: Van Doren Waxter and 11R?
8. What did dealers, surveyed by CINOA, an international association of art and antiques dealers, say they’re liable to spend on walls and lighting at fair booths?
9. The Armory Show is making a room available for dealers to arrange private viewings for potential clients away from the hubbub of the sales floor. What are they charging per hour during the VIP preview on Wednesday?
Follow artnet News on Facebook:
Want to stay ahead of the art world? Subscribe to our newsletter to get the breaking news, eye-opening interviews, and incisive critical takes that drive the conversation forward.