Best and Worst of the Art World This Week in One Minute
Danh Vō, El Chapo, and two for one art sales.
1. Here’s a list of all the women whose auction prices are higher than Georg Baselitz‘s.
4. This is how you win a court case against Richard Prince.
5. It turns out, even millionaires make mistakes when it comes to buying art. Who knew?
1. Powerful art dealers and uber-hot artists are bringing new meaning to the notion of “two for one.”
2. Danh Vō tells Bert Kreuk to “shove it,” drops unnecessary f-bomb in exclusive letter.
3. The Smithsonian conveniently concealed a $716,000 donation by Bill Cosby.
4. El Chapo: escaped Mexican drug lord and collector of “gaudy oil paintings.”
5. Douglas Gordon went ballistic after a bad review and took an axe to a $40 million theater.
Follow Artnet News on Facebook:
Want to stay ahead of the art world? Subscribe to our newsletter to get the breaking news, eye-opening interviews, and incisive critical takes that drive the conversation forward.